1. To qualify for entry in the 2022 Foothill Wine Fest Competition a wine must from AVA 10 Sierra Foothill Appellation.
2. Each wine category and appellation will be determined by information on the label. Label must show appellation.
3. The decision of the judges is final.
4. Four (4) 750 ml or six (6) 375 bottles comprise a wine entry.
5. Enter wines at www.enofileonline.com
6. All wine entered must be received by the February 24, 2022.
We have secured some of the Top and well-known Judges from California and Nevada. Judges will taste all wines blind, but may ask for information about the grape varieties, including in a blend. The Judges will award BRONZE honors (80-83) for sound wine that is modestly attractive and free from significant flaws. SILVER honors (84-88 points) for wines that demonstrate above average character for the wine type. Gold Honors (89-93) will be awards to wine that rise above in the varietal, and Double Gold Honors (95-100 points) will be reserved for the wine that are the best of best selected by our judges. Double Gold wines will be judged by a separate judging committee for determining the Best of Show for the competition. Awards will be given to Silver medals winners and above.
Awards will be announced online at www.foothillwinefest.com and emailed to the wineries on March 8th, 2022.
Wines that win the “Best of Show” will be featured at local restaurants at an exclusive “Best of Show” dinner paired with your award-winning wine. We will be offering dinners to consumers to get your wine out to the public. More information to come after the competition.